Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Wonder of Wonderland..


Ok, so I know there have already been critiques of the new Tim Burton film saying that it's not as great as everyone has been expecting it to be, that It doesn't stay true to the original Lewis Carroll classic and that perhaps it should have not actually been named "Alice In Wonderland", but something more along the lines of " Alice Returns To Wonderland"....blah blah blah.... But I can't help it, I'm excited. 

I love Tim Burton.  I love Johnny Depp.  I love Helena Bonham Carter.  I LOVE WONDERLAND!!!!   Seriously, I don't care about all the other stuff.... I just want the amazing visual feast, I want quirky characters that make no sense, I want to wonder what on earth is going on!

Who said it was going to be exactly the same as the book, anyway?  Why would we want to see an exact replica of a story we have seen time and time again?  What is wrong with reinterpretation? 


Of course, that said, I have not actually seen the film yet.  However, I enter into it with no pre-concieved expectation.  I do not expect to see the same Wonderland I have seen in other films.  I do not expect the same story.  What I do expect is colour, fantasy, whimsy, quirkiness, character and something different.


Leave your expectations at the door people, I say, and rediscover Wonderland.....

Amy
xxx








No comments:

Visitors